viernes, julio 08, 2005

Our Wasted Years

Hello kitten I don’t miss sex just the feeling of skin against skin that I want,
The photos I take are not the photos I like, they look dull, they look crap when placed next to real life,
You have a blue iris with a hint of burnt of sienna and it wrestles my hate to the ground,
You have inquisitive eyebrows that make me soft centred and your lips make a purring sound.
I’m going to make myself go blind tonight,
I’m going to make myself go blind tonight,
I’m going to build a shrine to the wasted days,
I’m going to make myself go blind tonight.
Hello kitten, you’ll never know what it’s like to be me when I’m curled at your feet,
I thought you were perfect but that racist joke just made it all bitter sweet.
Won’t you slap me around and make my lips a bit swollen so we can spend a day off work,
Won’t you cut up my arm and lock it in a suitcase, cause love is coming in spurts, I’m so fucking happy it hurts.


(Hello Kitten - Hefner, "Boxing Hefner", 2000)